I love getting to know the creative minds involved in the wedding industry. From photographers to wedding planners, they all have a unique story on how their business came to be and how they continue to push for success even through the tough moments. Today I’m interviewing Sonia Hernandez from Clarity and Class, Events and Design, LLC, who I have had the pleasure to work with recently.
- Tell us about your business and what personal/professional moments in your life led you to starting your own company?
I am the owner and lead planner for Clarity and Class, Events and Design, LLC. For years I’ve been assisting with events and private parties. It’s always something I loved because I can express my creative side as well as creating lasting moments with people. I felt the call to create an event planning business that would embrace my love for people and my desire to make the journey and moment memorable.
- What doubts did you have to fight through to keep going and what steps did you take to overcome them?
I think the biggest doubt or fear comes from comparing yourself to others. For the first few months I would often compare myself to others in the industry. It only took so long before I realized that I was growing something unique that really didn’t follow the recipe for others. I’ve learned to become more patient and forgiving with myself and I’m enjoying the journey a lot more because of it.
- Tell us about a time where you made a big investment in yourself or in your business and how it paid off?
The biggest investment I have made so far was to have my company rebranded. That was a great decision because I handed over the reins to someone else to execute the vision I had for my company. However, after I completed that rebrand, I knew that there was more to me, and quickly booked another designer to help me rebrand for a relaunch in 2017.
- What personal mantra or quote has been a big part of keeping you going in your business?
Do all things with LOVE. I love what I do, I love who I do it for, I really love the people I work with as well. I try to always ground myself in reality and see past the stress and complications and really live in the moment. When we love, we release the most positive spirit within us and it always makes the world a brighter place.
- What is one tip you would want to give other entrepreneurs in creative businesses?
Take your time, enjoy the process. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither will you. Be kind to yourself, learn from your mistakes and grow from them! And always stay humble and connected.
- What are you most proud of right now in your personal or professional life?
I’m most proud of the amazing relationships that my business has allowed me to build. I’m very blessed to have made new friends that encourage me and are willing to see me succeed as I am willing to push them to succeed too!
- Where can we find you online?
You can find me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @clarityandclass.com